MOUNTAIN ROSE GRANOLA
You and everyone you love is going to LOVE this granola! We are constantly being asked for the recipe, so here it is! Also what we love about this recipe is it is naturally gluten-free, refined sugar free & uses coconut oil which is a healthier fat. You could replace the honey with real maple syrup and make this recipe vegan too!
5 cups Old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup sunflower seeds
2 cups sliced almonds
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cups dried wild blueberries
1 1/2 cups dried tart cherries
1 vanilla bean, split & seeds scraped
or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon real salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large heavy bottomed pot melt coconut oil, honey and add split vanilla bean & seeds or ground cinnamon.
4. When melted add in Old-fashioned rolled oats, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds & real salt.
5. Mix until everything is nicely coated in the coconut oil/honey mixture.
6. Spread evenly unto parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 25-35 minutes depending on oven. Stir the granola in the oven every 5-10 minutes, flipping the bottom to the top and the top to the bottom with a wood spoon or spatula to prevent even browning.
8. When just evenly golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool. We like to slide the parchment with the granola off the sheet pan & onto the counter to stop the residual heat from the sheet pan overcooking the granola.
When you remove most baked goods from the oven they will continue to cook from the residual heat inside the food, so air on the side of caution and take your granola out of the oven when it is just golden brown.