RHUBARB & MEYER LEMON FRENCH TOAST
FOR QUICK RHUBARB JAM:
6 stalks of Rhubarb
2 tablespoons butter, we use Kerrygold
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
Zest of 1/2 a Meyer lemon
1/4 teaspoon Real salt
1 tablespoon filtered water
1. Roughly cut rhubarb stalks into 2-3 inch pieces.
2. Combine rhubarb, sugar, butter, lemon zest, salt and splash of water into a small cast-iron dutch oven.
3. Place into the fire on embers, stir occasionally until soft.
FOR THE EGGY DIP:
1 cup Whole Milk
1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon Real Salt
1 loaf of Brioche bread
vanilla yogurt about 1/4 cup per toast
Meyer lemon zest for garnish
1. Whisk all custard ingredients together in a flat dish so it will be ready for dipping.
2. Soak each slice of bread in custard, about 30 seconds each side.
3. Place about a tablespoon of light cooking oil in medium-hot cast iron and a pat of butter.
4. Cook each side until golden brown.
5. Top with vanilla yogurt, rhubarb quick jam and lemon zest.